Good morning and welcome, I'm glad you were able to drop by. I found one of my journals from way back in 2013. It had a study I had done and I'd like to share some of these with you over the next few months.
The word for today is contentment. In Philippians 4:11-13 the apostle Paul says, "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
Wow! Content what ever the circumstances, how can this be? Paul was beaten many times, ship wrecked, imprisoned, more than once, criticized, well you get the picture. How could this man be content? Let's take a quick look at what contentment is - it isn't about self-sufficiency, it's about Christ- sufficiency. It isn't about resignation but about satisfaction. It isn't acceptance of the status quo or surrender, but submission to Christ Jesus and His purpose for your life. Godly contentment isn't about complacency or passivity or worldly detachment from life.
1 Timothy 6:6: But godliness with contentment is great gain.
Contentment - "It is the ability to get out of a situation everything that is in it." G.K. Chesterton (Christian author and apologist).
Contentment is a deep-seated satisfaction that is the gift of Jesus Christ. It is the product of security in God, the product of faith in His character and His promises. When you place your trust In Jesus Christ like Paul no matter how bad thing look we can be content in knowing that God is in our corner.
"'"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." ' Numbers 6:24-26
A Panhandle pastor
No comments:
Post a Comment