God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit

Hello, Hallo, ¡Hola!, konnichiha, Здравствуй, Bonjour, Howdy and Welcome - to a blog striving to bring glory to God!



Tuesday, September 22, 2026

3 in 1

 Good afternoon and welcome to the panhandle. I remember the comedy group Isaac Airfreight doing a skit "Jerusalem Dragnet," at some point the Trinity comes up and Officer Good Friday asks, "New math?" And Paul answers back, "No New Covenant" 

The Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Wow this is a heavy subject that has had many, many books and sermons written about it. Now let me say this right off I am not some great theologian, I haven't written any books, I'm a pastor of a country church. So, no I don't have any great break through on the Trinity, but what I have found I'm going to share with you today.

The Trinity roles: The Father is the planer:This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. (Acts 2:23). The Son is the Agent: "I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. (John 5:36). And the Holy Spirit is the Reveler: But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. (John 16:13).

When you study the Trinity and the different roles of each member it is important to not seek to divide them. There is only One God: Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (Deuteronomy 6:4). Since the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all share the characteristics that only God can possess, they are all God and are One God.

God the Father sent God the Son to reconcile us to Him, and God the Holy Spirit guides us through our earthly journey. I pray this helps a little bit in understanding the Trinity, or maybe I've made it clear as mud. Like I said a hard subject to understand fully, but some day we will when we meet God face to face. In the mean time, "'"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you 
and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." '
(Numbers 6:24-26).

  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment